Monday, February 23, 2009

SuidAkrA
Crogacht
Wacken Records




I don't know about you, but I think it's about time that pagan celtic death metal got its due. Okay, no, I don't. Not that I have anything against the pagan celtic death metal scene. Matter of fact, I didn't even know there was a pagan celtic death metal scene until a couple of days ago. The things one learns...Anyway, I know fuck all about pagan celtic death metal, but about these few things am I absolutely certain:
1. SuidAkrA are from Germany.
2. They like to capitalize the As in their name.
3. This is their ninth studio album.
4. They take themselves very seriously. (This concept album tells the story of mythological Irish hero, Cuchulaiin, in nine suitably epic songs.)
5. When lead vocalist Arkadius isn't tearing the shit out of his vocal cords in that death metal way I find so aurally offensive, he has quite a nice voice.
6. I kind of like bagpipes and tin whistles.
7. I am not a pagan celtic death metal fan. But you might be. Riot on.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails