Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Solenoid
S/T
Buzzville Records


More sludgy metal/stoner rock from Belgium played by long-haired growly dudes in dirty band t-shirts. And forgive me for resorting once again to promo sheets, but I just can't resist. This one refers to the fact that the band "carries more in their thick soup than the metal of their peers". How great is that? So forget sludgy; let's go with something more, oh I don't know, chowder-y, maybe. Yep, that's it. Solenoid plays thick chowder rock. I don't know what else to say about this record, except to cite the usual influences (Iron Maiden, Metallica, Motorhead, et al) and to let you know that they once toured with Gwar. Oh, and I think my mom would probably really dig this band. She's like that.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails